Know More Music Teacher’s Guide for Lower Primary (Grades 1, 2 and 3) is written in conformity to the new competency-based curriculum design. It will assist teachers to effectively deliver the content of Know More Music Learner’s Books for Grades 1, 2 and 3.
• A general introduction to teaching Music.
• A step-by-step guide on how to handle each learning activity presented in the various Learner’s Books. • Specific learning outcomes for each of the learning experiences and activities in the various Learner’s Books.
• Sample competency-based schemes of work and lesson plan. • A list of suggested resources for each learning activity.
• Integration of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the learning activities.
• Guidance on how to handle learners with special needs in order to enhance inclusivity in the classroom.
• Guidance on how to mainstream pertinent and contemporary issues (PCIs) into content.
• Relevant additional information for the teacher on each sub-strand.
The authors of this Teacher’s Guide have taught for many years and have a vast experience in handling learners of various levels.