Know More Physical and Heath Education Learner’s Book for Grade 4 is written in conformity to the new competency-based
curriculum design to assist learners carry out various interactive learning activities. The book provides learners with
opportunities to develop core competencies, values, skills and attitudes. Key features
• A detailed coverage of all the required curriculum design strands and sub-strands.
• Step-by-step explanations on how to perform various basic skills.
• Creative value-based stories to help learners develop the spirit of sportsmanship.
• Interactive learner-centred learning activities and experiences.
• Learning activities that take care of learners with special needs.
• Use of clear, varied, relevant and well-captioned illustrations to support texts.
• Skill-based checklists for peer-assessment and self-assessment.
• Community service learning activities that help in building collaborative relationships between the schools and communities.
• Integration of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the learning activities.
• Promotion of inclusivity and gender parity through text and illustrations.
This book has been approved by the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) for use in schools as a course
material. It comes along with a detailed Teacher’s Guide.