Living the Promise is a unique Christian Religious Education course specially written using the new syllabus for secondary schools. The topics are sequentially ordered and taught through an imaginative mode—beginning with topic discussion, content presentation, a short summary and review questions. The emphasis throughout this course is that Christian Religious Education must lead to a more disciplined and conscientious life; it must be an integrated and holistic lifestyle. Learning CRE is therefore integrated and contextualised to make learning more enjoyable and captivating by:
- presenting sequentially well-organised topics and sub-topics.
- integrating text, page design and illustrations to boost understanding.
- giving numerous highly educative indoor and outdoor activities.
- providing activities and exercises at the end of each sub-topic.
- employing a user-friendly approach which is well-centred on the learner’s own environment.
- covering emerging and contemporary issues such as corruption, gender, the environment, and HIV/AIDS among others.