This ground-breaking course is the first comprehensive English course specially written in the new syllabus for secondary schools. The structures and functions of English in this course are taught through imaginative and stimulating reading passages, value-adding illustrations and activities, which are carefully graded and which reflect the rich cultural variety of the world students live in . The Practical Secondary English course emphasizes that language is primarily for communication and must be both integrated and contextualized.
The course makes teaching enjoyable and captivating by:
- presenting sequentially well-organised skills: speech,reading, grammar and writing.
- integrating text and illustrations to boost understanding.
- giving numerous highly educative indoor and outdoor activities.
- providing activities and exercises at the end of each sub-topic.
- employing a user-friendly approach which is well-centred on the learner’s own environment to ease understanding.
- covering emerging and contemporary issues such as gender, corruption, the environment, HIV/AIDS among others.